How do you set inkjet printer settings to make a transparency?

Old December 11th 05, 10:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do you set inkjet printer settings to make a transparency?

I'd like to print on ribbon and I've read in order to do this I should use
double stick tape to put my ribbon on paper but that I need to change my
printer settings to transparency so that it doesn't lay down as much ink and
smear on the ribbon. However, when I go into my printer settings, I can't
find anything for a transparency. I am using a HP Office Jet Pro 1150C.

Thank you for your help.
Old December 11th 05, 12:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What makes you think this double-sided ribbon will go through your printer
without wrecking the print-heads? Transparency film is actually chemically
treated to *take* the ink; it's not just that the printer puts out less ink.
Laser transparency won't work in an ink-jet printer, nor vice versa.

That said, transparency is normally one of the 'paper types'.

Old December 11th 05, 12:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually, it's not a double sided ribbon. The instructions said to use double
sided tape to attach the ribbon to paper and then run in through the printer
to print on your ribbon. I found the instructions for doing this online but I
also remember Martha Stewart did it on one of her shows once also. I guess
I'll just have to try it and see if it will work without bleeding on the
ribbon without using a transparency setting. I thought it would be really fun
for personalizing ribbons for my grandchildren this year.

I also thought it would be one of my selections in paper type of sizes and
it isn't there.

Old December 11th 05, 06:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm with Jezebel. Martha Stewart can afford to screw up a printer, I can't.

I'd suggest visiting your local craft store and look at fabric paints. Don't
forget a fine paintbrush.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]