Remove "recently-used fonts" section from font list on toolbar

Old December 17th 05, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Remove "recently-used fonts" section from font list on toolbar

In Word 2003, I use the drop-down font list on the toolbar when I'm trying
different fonts. However, it's frustrating to have to keep scrolling to the
last font used to then continue scanning the font list.

I would like the drop-down menu to start with the current font selected
rather than at the top.

Would it work like that if I removed the "recently-used fonts" section? If
so, how do I do that? And/or, is there a keyboard shortcut that overrides the
recent-font section?

Any solution or workaround would be appreciated. Thanks!