How do I download helvetica font free?

Old December 26th 05, 08:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I download helvetica font free?

I am trying to find out if I alrwady have these fonts (helvetica and univers)
on my 2003 Microsoft Office Word, but it appears I need to download them.
Where can I get these (for free!)?
Old December 27th 05, 02:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx
This page will help you find out which fonts you should have with your
specific edition/version of Office.

Not all fonts are free. Some you *have* to pay for, find a suitable
substitute, or do without.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old December 27th 05, 08:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Helvetica and Univers are supplied as resident fonts with some (if not all)
HP laser printers. If you have one of these printers set as active printer
(whether or not the printer is physically present) the fonts will be
available for use. You won't actually be able top print them unless you have
the printer physically connected.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old December 27th 05, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Univers, yes, but I don't believe Helvetica is an HP-resident font (I've
never had it, and I've used nothing but HP printers). Helvetica may be
supplied with the Mac OS.

Old December 27th 05, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Univers, yes, but I don't believe Helvetica is an HP-resident font (I've
never had it, and I've used nothing but HP printers). Helvetica may be
supplied with the Mac OS.

so
all may benefit.

rossdem wrote:
I am trying to find out if I alrwady have these fonts (helvetica and
univers) on my 2003 Microsoft Office Word, but it appears I need to
download them. Where can I get these (for free!)?

Helvetica and Univers were both provided with an Adobe product on my
computer.

Old December 28th 05, 06:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Let's put it this way then. If I set an HP 4050 printer as active (PCL
driver), several printer fonts become available - including Helvetica. I do
not have, nor ever have had an HP4050 printer physically attached to the PC.
I use the driver purely for testing.

Old December 28th 05, 03:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, I stand corrected because I just checked my font list, and I appear to
have Helvetica, too. For some reason I just assumed that my LJ 4100 came
with the same fonts as the LJ 4 that it supplanted. The font Properties show
that the font vendor is Hewlett-Packard. I also note that it has "no
standard kern pairs." Eeek! (In contrast, Arial has 909 standard kern
pairs.)