How to embed a copy/paste HTML doc in a locked word template?

Old December 28th 05, 05:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to embed a copy/paste HTML doc in a locked word template?

I am creating a template that has drop-downs and needs to be protected. I
also want the user to be able to copy/paste an HTML doc from the web (real
estate listings with photos) to the template. Can this be done?
Old December 28th 05, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi =?Utf-8?B?Umlja0VCMQ==?=,

I am creating a template that has drop-downs and needs to be protected. I
also want the user to be able to copy/paste an HTML doc from the web (real
estate listings with photos) to the template. Can this be done?

Well, if we're talking about forms and form fields, you can copy/paste text
from a webpage into a form field on a Word document. You'll only get text,
though, no formatting or pictures.

A work-around that does not involve macros would be to set the form up with
an IncludeText field (Insert/File with Link). The user could then copy/paste
from the webpage to this second, unprotected document. When the field in the
protected document updates, it should show this content.

you'd need to be sure that the "Calculate on exit" checkbox is activated for
the form fields, so that the update occurs. Also, you need to be familiar
with the information in this article:

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=330079
WD: How the Behavior of the Word Fields Changes After You Install the Word
Update

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Old December 29th 05, 04:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Cindy,

Thank you for your response and time. The work-around works.

Thanks again,

Rick

Hi =?Utf-8?B?Umlja0VCMQ==?=,

Old December 29th 05, 03:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Rick,

The work-around works.

Thanks for taking a moment to let us know :-)

[...]

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)