Problems with booklet printing in Word 2002

Old December 1st 04, 02:35 PM
J_Keim

Default Problems with booklet printing in Word 2002

I have MS Word 2002 and have set up a 32 page document to print as a
booklet. My paper size is custom - 6" wide x 7" tall, thus making the
page size 3.5" wide x 6" tall.(since as a booklet it prints landscape and
uses a half-page). My margins are top & bottom .5" and left & right .25"
with no gutter.

PROBLEM: It is very frusterating because when I print preview the
document all of the text fits nicely on the page, but when I actually
print the document the text is shifted over to the right edge of the page
so that it will print that page that should be on the left half of the
paper in the center of the paper and the page that should be printed on
the right half of the paper is shifted mostly off of the paper (though
about 1/3 of that text still prints on the page).

I have tried printing this document on 3 different printers and have
encountered the same problem.

Also, I reformatted the document to print as a booklet on regular size
8.5" x 11" paper and the document printed just fine.

If someone could help, please respond. If you need more info, let me
know.

Thanks,
J. Keim

Old December 1st 04, 04:04 PM

Also, I reformatted the document to print as a booklet on regular size
8.5" x 11" paper and the document printed just fine.

I think this is going to have to be your solution. Unless your printer
supports the paper size you are using (that is, has a definition for it in
the driver), you are probably pushing Word to try to use a custom paper size
as well as the book fold feature. Your printer may give you the option of
defining a custom paper size in the driver; if so, that would be an option.
Otherwise, you'll have to print on Letter paper (adjusting the margins to
give you the same active text area) and trim. Note that the book fold
feature automatically activates "Mirror margins"--and gets them backward, so
you will need to reverse the Inside and Outside margin settings to make this
work.

lkaboutsoftware.com...