Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ACotton

Default Word 03: Vertical text alignment in tables

Hello,

I've created a table with .33" row height. I am using 10pt. font and there
is ample space above and below one line of text.

For some reason when I try to change the vertical alignment, the text stays
in the middle; it moves neither up nor down. (The horizontal alignment works
fine.)

Does anyone know if there is a setting that I need to change, or is there
something in my document that is hindering this vertical alignment?

Thanks much!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil

ACotton was telling us:
ACotton nous racontait que :

No. There are no extra lines (above or below each line of text) or
spaces (before or after).

This is not quite what Suzanne inquired about.

Select your line of text in the table cell, do Format Paragraph and see if
there are values in the spacing part of the dialog. Look for Space Before,
Space After or Line spacing.
If all of them are 0 (except for line spacing which should be either
"Single" or a value of around 12 points if you are using 10-point text),
then something else is going on, if they are not, then you have your answer!

--
Salut!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ACotton