Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
carneycm

Default Switching off the Reveiwing Toolbar permanently

Even though I uncheck the Reviewing Toolbar it seems to automatically
reappear from time to time. Am I perhaps inadvertently issuing a keyboard
shortcut. If so, what is the keyboard shortcut so that I will know to avoid
hitting that key combination. Or, is there a more foolproof way of
preventing this from happening? By the way, I'm using Word XP.

Many thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Add the line
CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
to both an AutoOpen and an AutoExec macro in normal.dot and you shouldn't
see it again, unless you want it.

carneycm wrote:
Even though I uncheck the Reviewing Toolbar it seems to automatically
reappear from time to time. Am I perhaps inadvertently issuing a
keyboard shortcut. If so, what is the keyboard shortcut so that I
will know to avoid hitting that key combination. Or, is there a more
foolproof way of preventing this from happening? By the way, I'm
using Word XP.

Many thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Country Boy

Hi Graham

would this work for Excel as well as Word? The "Review" toolbar is consider
a bug in my office.

If it does, I guess the file I would need is normal.xls? - please let me
know and where I would find it.

Country Boy