What is "smart cursoring"?

Old January 23rd 06, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default What is "smart cursoring"?

"Smart cursoring" is a Tools/Options/Edit option, but not listed in Help. I
don't know if it's related to my goal, which is to be able to hard return in
an email without creating a capital letter as if I were beginning a new
sentence. Our Help Desk did some tweaking for another problem, but now I've
lost this hard return ability which I used all the time in my emails.
Old January 23rd 06, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not sure what it is.

But for your issue--return without capitalization--go to Tools | AutoCorrect
and uncheck "capitalize first letter of sentences".

Explore that entire dialog while you are there‹90% of Word's annoyances are
in it.

For more, see he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Old January 23rd 06, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Microsoft defines smart cursoring as: "Use smart cursoring. Specifies that
the insertion point moves as you scroll up or down. When you press the LEFT
ARROW, RIGHT ARROW, UP ARROW, or DOWN ARROW keys, the insertion point
responds at the page currently in view, not at its position prior to
scrolling."

What your are describing is an AutoCorrect option. In Word 2003, click
Tools AutoCorrect Options, and on the AutoCorrect tab uncheck Capitalize
first letter of sentences.