How do I insert a picture and have it automatically sized to 4x6

Old February 1st 06, 11:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I insert a picture and have it automatically sized to 4x6

How do I make an image palce holder in Word which allows me to insert a
picture from a file into a document template and have the picture
automatically ajusted to 4 x 6 and placed in the loaction I want?
Old February 2nd 06, 12:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Prepare the picture before importing it into Word. Set the size to 4 x 6 and
the resolution to whatever you have Word defaulting to (normally 96 dpi).

"abbigalesandyrae" wrote in
message ...

Old February 2nd 06, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Another alternative is to insert a one-cell table in Word, and click Table
AutoFit Fixed Column Width. Set the cell's size to 4 x 6 either by
dragging its edges or in the Table Table Properties dialog. You can turn
off the border lines by pressing Ctrl+Alt+U or in the Format Borders &
Shading dialog. Insert the picture in the cell, and it will be sized to fit
in the cell.

If your version of Word has an "Insert/paste pictures as" dropdown in the
Tools Options Edit dialog, set it to "In line with text"; otherwise,
you'll have to select the picture after you paste it and use the Text
Wrapping button on the Picture toolbar to make it inline.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old February 3rd 06, 02:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not all pictures have 4"x 6" proportions.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"abbigalesandyrae" wrote in
message ...

Old February 3rd 06, 03:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I phrased that poorly. I should have said that no all pictures have a 4 x 6
proportion without manipulation.

(Good catch.)

--

JoAnn Paules