How do you select text across multiple text boxes?

Old February 9th 06, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do you select text across multiple text boxes?

I have a document with many text boxes and sections. How do you select all
text? Control-A only selects text in one section. Same with trying to drag
the mouse to select text. This is Word 2002.
Old February 9th 06, 07:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If they are standalone text boxes you can only select/format text in one at a
time. in order to select all text in multiple text boxes they must be Linked.

To anticipate your next question, you can only link to an *empty* text box,
so it sounds like you will have to do some cutting & pasting to get all the
text into the first box, then create the link(s) to the next box. as yo do,
the text will reflow into the box you link to.

HTH |:)