Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alamborne

Default How to drag tabs on ruler in smaller increments (1/16" vs 1/8")?

I want to change the default minimum increment for dragging/moving tabs along
the ruler. It's currently set to 1/8" increments, and I want to shorten it
to 1/16" increments

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

I don't know if you can do that specifically, but if you hold the Alt key
while you drag it, you'll have more control.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"alamborne" wrote in message
I want to change the default minimum increment for dragging/moving tabs
along
the ruler. It's currently set to 1/8" increments, and I want to shorten
it
to 1/16" increments

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

alamborne wrote:
I want to change the default minimum increment for dragging/moving
tabs along the ruler. It's currently set to 1/8" increments, and I
want to shorten it to 1/16" increments

Suzanne and Ann told you about dragging with the Alt key down, but there is
a more permanent way.

The tab-dragging increments are governed by the horizontal setting of the
drawing grid. Display the Drawing toolbar, click Draw Grid, and set the
horizontal spacing to 0.0625". The grid doesn't have to be displayed to
affect the tab increments.

The other oddity is that if you go back to that dialog or to the Format
Tabs dialog, the setting will be shown as 0.06" (the display always rounds
to the nearest 0.01"). The extra decimal places are remembered and used,
though.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman