Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Default Comments

Word 2003.

I don't normally use the Word comment feature. After looking at it
last night, I think I know why :-(.

Is there any way to change the "Full name, date, and time commented:"
to just "Name commented:?"

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Greg,

Word 2003.

I don't normally use the Word comment feature. After looking at it
last night, I think I know why :-(.

Is there any way to change the "Full name, date, and time commented:"
to just "Name commented:?"

Not really, no. You can wipe out a lot of the information by using the
Data Removal tool. But there's no way to specify exactly what you want
to have (i.e. remove the date and time, just leaving the name).

If you had good XML background, you could probably save the file as
WordProcessingML (Word's XML file format) then use a Transform on it to
change the information. But I'm not sure even then you could get it to
look exactly as you wish.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Thanks Cindy. I don't have good XML background. For that matter I
don't have a bad one either. I don't have a background at all ;-)

Too bad this can't be customized. I mean who really cares to know the
precise minute that someone commented on a document. I just clutters
the display.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Greg,

I mean who really cares to know the
precise minute that someone commented on a document. I just clutters
the display.

Someone must have wanted it, otherwise I can't imagine the developers
going to the trouble of including it. Probably the same kind of people
who need to have changes in databases time-stamped...

Cindy Meister