Word closes down suddenly

Old February 14th 06, 02:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word closes down suddenly

Hello!
For a couple of days my office XP has been closing down suddenly while I'm
writing. It also happens when I'm writing an e-mail with Microsoft Outlook as
word is the associated editor. I've already tried to remove the handwriting
recognition as suggested for a similar problem but it hasn't worked. The
program closes randomly and suddenly, you never know when it's going to
happen. Any idea of what's the problem? (BTW I've already run a scan
-resident and online- and the laptop is virus free).

Thanks in advance!!
Old February 18th 06, 10:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi =?Utf-8?B?UnV0aA==?=,

For a couple of days my office XP has been closing down suddenly while I'm
writing. It also happens when I'm writing an e-mail with Microsoft Outlook as
word is the associated editor. I've already tried to remove the handwriting
recognition as suggested for a similar problem but it hasn't worked. The
program closes randomly and suddenly, you never know when it's going to
happen. Any idea of what's the problem? (BTW I've already run a scan
-resident and online- and the laptop is virus free).

Always difficult to trouble-shoot something like this if you don't have any
reproducible steps...

I'd probably try renaming the Normal.dot template to NormalOLD.dot and see if
things settle down at all.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org