Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jerry

Default Hyperlink in Word 2003

How do you get a Hyperlink in Word 2003 to appear as it did in Office 97, so
I can click on it and go to the site?

Thanks

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

In Word 2003, Ctrl+click on the hyperlink to follow it, or click
on Tools | Options | Edit | uncheck the "Use CTRL + Click to
follow hyperlink" box | OK.

Jerry wrote:

How do you get a Hyperlink in Word 2003 to appear as it did in Office 97, so
I can click on it and go to the site?

Thanks

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jerry

garfield-n-odie

That does not work. It makes no difference if I copied the address from the
net or typed it into word. Any other suggestions.

Jerry

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Jerry wrote:

How do you get a Hyperlink in Word 2003 to appear as it did in Office 97,
so I can click on it and go to the site?

Thanks

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HyperlinkProbs.htm

Jerry wrote:

How do you get a Hyperlink in Word 2003 to appear as it did in Office

97,
so I can click on it and go to the site?

Thanks

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Does the web address turn blue and underlined when you type it
into Word? If not, then the web address is not a hyperlink. In
Word, click on Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You
Type | check the "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" box

Jerry wrote:

How do you get a Hyperlink in Word 2003 to appear as it did in Office 97,
so I can click on it and go to the site?

Thanks

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jerry

garfield-n-odie

The boxes are checked and address does not turn blue as it did in Office 97.
This is the way it appears after hitting ENTER

{ HYPERLINK http://msn.com/ }

Except the link is not blue.

Holding down the Ctrl+click only highlights the link.

Jerry

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Jerry wrote:

How do you get a Hyperlink in Word 2003 to appear as it did in Office
97, so I can click on it and go to the site?

Thanks

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Press Alt+F9 to switch between display of field codes (what you
see now) and field results.

Jerry wrote:

The boxes are checked and address does not turn blue as it did in Office 97.
This is the way it appears after hitting ENTER

{ HYPERLINK http://msn.com/ }

Except the link is not blue.

Holding down the Ctrl+click only highlights the link.

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jerry

garfield-n-odie

Thanks, that worked, now I'll have to get used to using Ctrl+click

Jerry

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Jerry wrote:

The boxes are checked and address does not turn blue as it did in Office
97. This is the way it appears after hitting ENTER

{ HYPERLINK http://msn.com/ }

Except the link is not blue.

Holding down the Ctrl+click only highlights the link.

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

As mentioned in my original reply, you can change it to a regular
click in Tools | Options | Edit.

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Using Hyperlinks in Mail Merge IF...THEN...ELSE Statements Mark V Mailmerge 8 November 30th 04 01:31 PM