How do I stop footnotes from breaking across pages?

Old February 17th 06, 05:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How do I stop footnotes from breaking across pages?

I have a 65 page thesis that I will soon send to my advisors in Word 2002. I
am unhappy with the way Word arranges footnotes. It will split even small
footnotes accross several pages; I had a 3 line footnote with one line on
each of 3 consecutive pages.

Can I control how Word arranges footnotes at the bottom of a page?
Can I force it to keep certain footnotes together instead of splitting them
across several pages?

Thanks for your help.
Old February 17th 06, 06:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To the extent that you can control this, the methods are detailed he

Footnote on Wrong Page
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...OnDiffPage.htm

Some improvement should be possible, certainly, especially from your
description.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/