How do I create fixed length text form fields?

Old February 23rd 06, 02:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I create fixed length text form fields?

I am attempting to create a form in Word using text form fields. I need to
keep the original format of the document, so I would like to set the length
of the text fields to keep the original format of the page. I've tried to
build tables for the fields, but I still end up with variable length fields.
Any ideas of how to do this?
Old February 23rd 06, 03:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure that you specify fixed dimensions for the table cells, and
that you use borders to make lines in the form. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/LinesInForms.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP