footer page numbers shaded and shading can't be removed

Old February 24th 06, 06:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default footer page numbers shaded and shading can't be removed

When I add page numbers to a word 2002 document, the page number is shaded in
dark grey and I can't remove the shading. This is not dimmed like in print
layout view. There is actual shading. Ironically, a document I have been
using for a few years has an embedded excel table in it. The last time I
opened that document, the table was also shaded in the dark gray. It's like
the shading is in the background and I can't get rid of it. As I am a
technical writer, this is causing me great problems.

Old February 24th 06, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You may not have changed it. This is one of those settings that sometimes
mysteriously "changes itself" (though it's probably an add-in at fault).

"newbie consultant" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | View. Set field shading to "Never" or "When selected."

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"newbie consultant" wrote

in