"automatic" font color black, not blue. How do I change this?

Old February 27th 06, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "automatic" font color black, not blue. How do I change this?

Every word document that I open has the text in a blue color. I would like
word to have the "automatic" font color black, not blue. How do I change
this? Everytime I print a document I am using colored ink. Even email that I
recieve is black but prints blue.
Brian
Old February 27th 06, 03:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In a Normal style paragraph, go to Format | Font. Is the text color set to
Blue? If so, change it to Automatic and click Default... If it's already set
to Automatic (as your post implies), could it be that the Hyperlink
character style is applied to your text?

Also, if you are seeing the text in black but it's printing blue, then it
could be that your printer is using a composite black instead of true black
for the text, in which case likely your color printer cartridge is running
out of magenta and yellow inks.

Old February 27th 06, 03:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Brian,

Could it be the case that your Normal style in Normal.dot is set to blue?

Creat a new blank document, choose Format | Styles and formatting...
In the task pane, click the triangle next to Normal and select Modify...
Choose black text color, and check "Add to template".
Close Word to make sure your changes are saved (if you are prompted to save
Normal.dot, choose Yes).
Start Word. It should be ok now.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".