Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karina M ;)

Default Locked word form

I created a form which I was able to unlock via the Control Toolbox (design
view untoggled). When I closed the form after all my edits and reopened it, I
could no longer unlock it, either via the form toolbar or the control toolbox
toolbar. Most opitons on both are grayed out; I can only view form properties
and code. How can I bring back the design view to unlock and edit the form
again??? Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See "WD2002: Can't Unprotect Protected Form That Contains a Control Toolbox
Control" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275975

"Karina M " Karina M ...
I created a form which I was able to unlock via the Control Toolbox

(design
view untoggled). When I closed the form after all my edits and reopened

it, I
could no longer unlock it, either via the form toolbar or the control

toolbox
toolbar. Most opitons on both are grayed out; I can only view form

properties
and code. How can I bring back the design view to unlock and edit the form
again??? Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Unless you have a very specific reason to use the Controls toolbox, don't.
Use the forms toolbar instead. The toolbox gives you ActiveX controls which
have to be programmed. It will trigger macro warnings and unless used
exactly
"Karina M " Karina M ...
I created a form which I was able to unlock via the Control Toolbox (design
view untoggled). When I closed the form after all my edits and reopened
it, I
could no longer unlock it, either via the form toolbar or the control
toolbox
toolbar. Most opitons on both are grayed out; I can only view form
properties
and code. How can I bring back the design view to unlock and edit the form
again??? Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Unless you have a very specific reason to use the Controls toolbox, don't.
Use the forms toolbar instead. The toolbox gives you ActiveX controls which
have to be programmed. It will trigger macro warnings and unless used
exactly right, the toolbox will spring up each time you try to use your
form.

The forms toolbar is for what Word calls an "online form." Check this in
help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Karina M " Karina M ...
I created a form which I was able to unlock via the Control Toolbox (design
view untoggled). When I closed the form after all my edits and reopened
it, I
could no longer unlock it, either via the form toolbar or the control
toolbox
toolbar. Most opitons on both are grayed out; I can only view form
properties
and code. How can I bring back the design view to unlock and edit the form
again??? Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karina M ;)

Thanks Suzanne and Charles:
One more thing, how do I completely remove a macro from a form so that I do
not get prompted to enable or disable it? I checked all of my form fields and
there are no macros in the properties. In fact, I deleted the macro that I
had created.
Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See "WD2002: Can't Unprotect Protected Form That Contains a Control Toolbox
Control" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275975

"Karina M " Karina M ...
I created a form which I was able to unlock via the Control Toolbox

(design
view untoggled). When I closed the form after all my edits and reopened

it, I
could no longer unlock it, either via the form toolbar or the control

toolbox
toolbar. Most opitons on both are grayed out; I can only view form

properties
and code. How can I bring back the design view to unlock and edit the form
again??? Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You can't really get rid of that prompt once you've encountered it.

What you can, and should do, is make your form a template. Save it as a
template. Then set your macro security to trust vba projects in installed
templates and add-ins.

You won't be prompted when you create a new document based on the template,
because it will be trusted. If you send your form to someone else, the macro
stays in your template, it doesn't go with the document; so the document
won't trigger a macro warning on the recipient's computer either.
--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See "WD2002: Can't Unprotect Protected Form That Contains a Control
Toolbox
Control" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275975

so
all may benefit.