Problem opening Open drop down list box in Word 2003.

Old March 1st 06, 03:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Problem opening Open drop down list box in Word 2003.

We have one computer that won't open the Open drop down list box. The
computer originally had Office XP so I upgraded it to Office 2003 sp2 and it
is still doing the same thing. This is on a Novell network and the person
using it has about 5 mapped drives. I tried disabling Norton Antivirus auto
protect and it still does the same thing with auto protect disabled.

I did a custom install selecting everything to run from My Computer (Network
install from server). Is there a registry key I can delete that could fix it
so the drop down list box opens again?
Old March 1st 06, 07:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop,
left-click on Disconnect Network Drive, and disconnect any mapped
drives that are not currently available.