How do I do an irish fada in word

Old March 13th 06, 02:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I do an irish fada in word

Can anyone tell me how to do fada's over letters in word?
I am trying to write the name Roisin with the fada over o and the last i?
Tks

Old March 13th 06, 02:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Toto

I don't know the layout of an Irish/English keyboard. However, you may want
to try this:

1. Go to "Insert"

2. Select "Symbol"

3. In the font field you go to the top and select "(normal text)"

4. Scroll down and and select "Insert" or doulbe click on the letter you
wish to insert. The Ã* or ì should be there.

On a Swiss keyboard we have the possibility to go for such characters with
holding down "Alt Gr" and press the accouring button.

Kind regads,

Simon

Old March 13th 06, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I believe the fada is the same as an acute accent - if so, on my UK keyboard
it is on the same key as the at-sign (@) and pressing Ctrl+(fada) followed
by the letter, produces the result - Róisín.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

Old March 13th 06, 09:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Off topic - I used to have a friend who used the name Roisinn as her online
persona and a needlework business.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old September 6th 12, 05:09 PM
Seán J. O'Hagan Seán J. O'Hagan is offline

Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Can anyone tell me how to do fada's over letters in word?
I am trying to write the name Roisin with the fada over o and the last i?
Tks
Depressing the ALT key, use your numeric keyboard the put in the following:
160- á, 0193- Á
130- é, 0201- É
161- í, 0205- Í
162- ó, 0211- Ó

Hope this helps.
Old September 6th 12, 05:31 PM
Seán J. O'Hagan Seán J. O'Hagan is offline

Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Can anyone tell me how to do fada's over letters in word?
I am trying to write the name Roisin with the fada over o and the last i?
Tks
An addendum: Make sure your NumLock key is depressed.
Old September 6th 12, 05:52 PM
Seán J. O'Hagan Seán J. O'Hagan is offline

Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Can anyone tell me how to do fada's over letters in word?
I am trying to write the name Roisin with the fada over o and the last i?
Tks
Sorry, I forgot:
163- ú
0218- Ú

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM