Convert Word Perfect Mail Merge to Word

Old March 16th 06, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Convert Word Perfect Mail Merge to Word

The data file is in WP table. When I open it in Word 2000 there is no table.
Only a list of data for each field and separate pages for each record. Do I
have to recreate the entire WP merge file in Word 2000? We no longer have WP
on our computers. Thank you.
Old March 16th 06, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Take a look at http://gmayor.com/convert_labels_into_mail_merge.htm.
You may easily be able to convert your current document into a table.
Depends. Is it comma or tab-delimited? Try (in a copy) selecting your data
and using Convert text-to-table under the tables menu. See what happens.

http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebre....htm#mailmerge is a list of
links. You may especially find those from Cindy Meister and Graham Mayor
helpful.

Note, long-term it is not a good idea to be using converted documents. They
are always filled with weird formatting and more prone to corruption. This
especially applies to tables. http://addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Old March 17th 06, 08:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

There are some macros linked from the downloads page of my web site that
should address this.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com