Fellowes Neato CD/DVD Template for Word?

Old March 21st 06, 08:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Fellowes Neato CD/DVD Template for Word?

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I might get a template for Word for fellowes cd/dvd
labels? I'm looking for one for their Neato labels. Any Help would be
appreciated.

Andrew Stephan
Old March 21st 06, 11:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word is a dreadful piece of software for creating CD/DVD labels - it simply
doesn't provide the control required. Publisher is better (and if you have
Nero you may be able to fathom out how their labelling application works)
but the best application for creating labels is Surething and well worth the
money.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old March 21st 06, 12:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Graham

Graham Mayor wrote:
Word is a dreadful piece of software for creating CD/DVD labels - it simply
doesn't provide the control required. Publisher is better (and if you have
Nero you may be able to fathom out how their labelling application works)
but the best application for creating labels is Surething and well worth the
money.

I've found the best way to "print CD labels" is, well, not to print them
at all, but print directly onto (special) CDs. Our canon i865 has a
special tray which you can zip in and a holder for the CD. Comes with
its own software, of course.

I've yet to see any labeled CD that looks even nearly as nice! Plus, you
will never have any troubles with not-quite-right placed labels (not a
big problem for CDs, but for DVDs).

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Old March 21st 06, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would echo that. In fact I would strongly advise the OP not to stick
labels on DVDs or Data CDs. The rotational speeds are huge and the addition
of out of balance labels can cause major problems with vibration and damage.
Audio discs are less of a problem as the speeds are lower (when used in a
free standing CD player). There is also much anecdotal evidence to suggest
that labels on DVDs cause data loss.

I now only create labels for the cases, for which the suggested application
is still first choice. I print CD and DVD case labels on 150 GSM glossy
photo paper.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Robert M. Franz (RMF) wrote:
Hi Graham

Old March 21st 06, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks for the reply. I don't have Publisher. I do have Nero though. I'll
give it a shot. I tried MediaFace4 which came with my "kit". It was ok, but
none of the layouts would let me fit all of the song names on the cd. I also
tried the cd label maker in Musicmatch. So far it has the most promise. It
has this spiral text option that can fit a lot of songs on the cd label. But
I can't shrink it towards the center of the cd at all. That's why I figured
I'd give Word a shot. It said on my kit's case that I could use Word to make
cd labels. Well I found cd label templates, but for a different brand of
label.

Andrew

Rockfang wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I might get a template for Word for fellowes
cd/dvd labels? I'm looking for one for their Neato labels. Any Help
would be appreciated.

Andrew Stephan

How to I lock a template for modification only? PegSCK Microsoft Word Help 4 February 24th 06 10:45 PM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 11:29 PM
How to repair a broken link to template. Gary Burton Formatting Long Documents 9 January 27th 06 01:48 PM
Global/Master Template [email protected] New Users 1 October 27th 05 03:34 PM
CPU Usage When Working with Templates you created KM1 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 21st 05 11:57 PM