How to get rid of Paragraph symbol that has invaded word docs?

Old March 21st 06, 10:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to get rid of Paragraph symbol that has invaded word docs?

While trying to work with a Word 2003 document that was formatted to print
labels, I believe I hit the return key while making a few changes.
Immediately, the label document changed format, and was populated with the
little Paragraph symbol. That symbol has populated all of my word documents
now. I hope this is a simple fix...I just don't seem to be able to figue out
how to make that paragraph symbol go away.

Thank you
Old March 21st 06, 11:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press CTRL+Shift and the "*" key.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Old March 21st 06, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are several ways to "make it go away." Greg has mentioned one
(Ctrl+*); you can also click the Show/Hide ΒΆ button on your Standard
toolbar. You can also go to the View tab of Tools | Options and clear all
the check boxes under "Nonprinting characters" or "Formatting marks."

For an explanation of what all the symbols mean and why it is sometimes
helpful to be able to see them, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

Old April 3rd 06, 03:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Greg Maxey Wrote:
Press CTRL+Shift and the "*" key.

--
I wasn't able to hit the hide/show key. It wouldn't work, but then you
mentioned the options button with view and take all the checkmarks away.

--
saun

Word should allow to 'divide' page by 3 or 4, not just 2 CandasK Page Layout 2 February 28th 06 11:16 PM
Word 97 in Windows XP to maintain formatting Charlie''s Word VBA questions Microsoft Word Help 21 October 24th 05 09:49 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM