Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
William Martin

Default Office 2003 - Word "Runtime Error"

I have recently started getting the following message when I try to open Word
files recived by email:

"Runtime Error!

Program C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 11\Winword.EXE

way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I have been able to open the same files later, or save and then open them.

Any ideas on this?

William
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Heretic

G'day William Martin ,

If you are using Word as your editor in Outlook, don't. Also, I
generally prefer to save attachments to disk before opening.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

William Martin reckoned:

I have recently started getting the following message when I try to open Word
files recived by email:

"Runtime Error!

Program C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 11\Winword.EXE

way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I have been able to open the same files later, or save and then open them.

Any ideas on this?

William

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
William Martin

Steve,

Thanks, but I don't use Outlook at all if I can avoid it. My email is
through Hotmail and I notice that this problem only started in the past 3
weeks. Apologies for the delayed reply - been skiing (Aussie instructor!).