why does my word documents freeze up?

Old March 22nd 06, 05:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default why does my word documents freeze up?

when i open up a word document it freezes up after ten seconds or so so i
have to ctrl-alt-delete, i have tried a virus scan, but my system seems
clean, virus software has only just been updated too. please help if you can

Old March 23rd 06, 11:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Jezebel" wrote:

Does this happen with *any* Word document, or one specific document?

"Michael McLaughlin" Michael wrote in
message ...
when i open up a word document it freezes up after ten seconds or so so i
have to ctrl-alt-delete, i have tried a virus scan, but my system seems
clean, virus software has only just been updated too. please help if you
can

it happens in all old documents, if i open a new one it doesn't freeze