Insert a multi-page PDF document into Word

Old March 29th 06, 10:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Insert a multi-page PDF document into Word

How do I insert a multi-page PDF document into Word? Does not need to
be editable, the PDFs will be attachments to the main editable MS Word
document. I don't even need to see the attachments it in Word. When I
print out the document, however, I want the PDF attachments to print
out as well.

What I've achieved so-far is INSERTOBJECT. The problems with this
approach a
1. Only works for one-page PDFs; and
2. Makes the scanned PDF nearly illegible (resizing problem?).

Many thanks,

DR

Old March 29th 06, 12:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Objects cannot span pages. You would have to insert each page as a separate
object. If you insert in-line the object will adopt the current margins, so
insert with another layout option and set the size to 100% so there is no
scaling.

Probably the simplest way to obtain the separate pages is to print the PDF
to the SnagIt driver set for jpg or bmp output. This will produce a separate
image for each page. You can get a demo of SnagIt from www.techsmith.com

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old March 29th 06, 12:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Dmitri

Word can't paste any external document and display more than one page at a
time. The same applies to Excel worksheets, Visio diagrams etc.

I don't think there is any way to meet your needs exactly. But I wonder if
the following would be sufficient.

Do Insert Object. On the Create from File tab, choose your PDF file. Click
"Display as icon". By default, Word will use the generic PDF icon, but you
can change that if you wish. Click OK.

Word will embed the PDF file into the Word document and display a clickable
icon. Double-click it and your PDF file will open in Acrobat. I've used that
to embed PDF files with dozens of pages.

One drawback is that when you print the Word document, the PDF text does not
print: only the icon is printed. You would have to open the PDF file (by
double-clicking the icon) and print from there.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

oups.com...

Old August 20th 12, 07:49 PM
wendit01 wendit01 is offline

Hi Dmitry,
You can insert multiple pages from a PDF into Word using Insert_PDFs (to Word) from www.OfficeExpander.com

This works right from Word (Office 2000-2010) using an Insert PDFs button. There is a free trial version that inserts a couple of pages from a PDF. You can also resize all the inserted PDFs.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri Rezchikov View Post

Old April 25th 13, 10:50 AM
arronlee arronlee is offline

firstly, You can invert PDF to Word , and then insert a multi-page PDF document into Word using this PDF control i've used before.

you can re-edit the control according to your own requirements.

it is pretty a genius.

i hope it helps.

CONTACT me on Yiigo.

Last edited by arronlee : April 25th 13 at 10:53 AM. Reason: spelling mistake