how do i align merge fields

Old March 31st 06, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default how do i align merge fields

We have entered merged fields into a document. There are two fields
situation side by side, and on many letters there are several rows of these
fields. So, we are trying to line them all up. We can get the first field
to line up. However, if we try and right justify the second field, it right
justifies the entire line, which we don't want. Tabbing over doesn't work
because the length of the first field varies. Is there another way to align
the second column of data?
Old March 31st 06, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you want to right justify the second field, insert a right aligned tab
stop at the desired location in the main document and separate the fields by
a tab space.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Susan" wrote in message
We have entered merged fields into a document. There are two fields
situation side by side, and on many letters there are several rows of
these
fields. So, we are trying to line them all up. We can get the first
field
to line up. However, if we try and right justify the second field, it
right
justifies the entire line, which we don't want. Tabbing over doesn't work
because the length of the first field varies. Is there another way to
align
the second column of data?

mail merge and text form fields Miss Su Mailmerge 1 February 4th 06 10:29 PM
Inserting Merge Fields CyberTaz Microsoft Word Help 3 January 28th 06 07:41 AM
Merge data fields Valerie Mailmerge 3 January 19th 06 09:16 PM
ASK and FILLIN fields in INCLUDETEXT documents do not merge correc ChrisM Mailmerge 3 April 12th 05 04:05 AM
Lost form fields after merge Darryl Kerkeslager Mailmerge 4 March 11th 05 02:42 AM