How do I rotate a label document in Word?

Old April 3rd 06, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I rotate a label document in Word?

I am trying to create a mailing label for our firm on the Avery 5168...I want
the label to face me horizontally not vertically? Any suggestiongs
Old April 7th 06, 06:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi =?Utf-8?B?QW15Uw==?=,

I am trying to create a mailing label for our firm on the Avery 5168...I want
the label to face me horizontally not vertically?

I'm afraid there's no way to simply "rotate" the table that defines the labels.
You'll need to set it up from scratch. You can either create the table directly,
or you can use the "New Label" facility (assuming you don't have an older
version of Word) in the Labels dialog box. The "Details" button can give you
useful information about the label size, margins, etc. in portrait format so
that you don't have to do a lot of fiddling with a ruler.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Old April 7th 06, 07:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks so much for you help. You are correct, about the only way to work out
this problem is to create a table from stratch, which is what I did and it
worked.

Hi =?Utf-8?B?QW15Uw==?=,