How do I print a list of font names installed on my computer?

Old April 7th 06, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I print a list of font names installed on my computer?

I would like to print a list of NAMES ONLY of the fonts installed on my
computer. (I need to compare fonts between two computers and don't want to
handwrite the names of all the fonts in the directory. I don't want SAMPLES
of the fonts, just a LIST of the names. I can't figure out how to do it.
Old April 7th 06, 04:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try and download DD FileCatcher from www.soft32.com/download_6087.html and
copy the file names from Start, Control Panel,(Appearance and Themes) Fonts
onto the clipboard and paste into word...

Hope this helps

Sarah

Old April 7th 06, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sub FontNameList()
Dim vFontName As Variant

Documents.Add

For Each vFontName In FontNames
Selection.TypeText vFontName
Selection.TypeParagraph
Next vFontName

End Sub

Steve Yandl

Old April 7th 06, 04:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you use the subroutine I just posted above, you will probably want to
treat the column of names as a table and do a sort so the list is
alphabetical and easier to compare to other lists. An alternate approach
would be to use the sub below which will give you a sorted list in a single
step.

Sub FontNameListSorted()

Const adVarChar = 200
Const MaxCharacters = 255

Dim vFontName As Variant

Documents.Add

Set DataList = CreateObject("ADOR.Recordset")
DataList.Fields.Append "FontNames", adVarChar, MaxCharacters
DataList.Open

For Each vFontName In FontNames
DataList.AddNew
DataList("FontNames") = vFontName
DataList.Update
Next vFontName

DataList.Sort = "FontNames"

DataList.MoveFirst
Do Until DataList.EOF
Selection.TypeText DataList.Fields.Item("FontNames")
Selection.TypeParagraph
DataList.MoveNext
Loop

End Sub

Steve Yandl

Old April 7th 06, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Steve,

Spoke too soon. Your method works perfectly. Thanks.