How do you type the power of in word? algebra

Old April 7th 06, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do you type the power of in word? algebra

I'm trying to type in word using algebra figures example the power of 2 ex:
(2x2)=4 (2x2x2)=8 (2x2x2x2)=16 I know theres a way where I can show it as
2 with a smaller 2 to the right at the top of the other 2 but I don't know
how or where the command is. It will let you do the power of 2 using simbols
but theres not 3,4,5....
Old April 7th 06, 11:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried using the Superscript option? For whatever power you need,
literally type it next to the digit. For exampe, for (2x2) you would type
"22" for (2x3) type "23" and so on. Highlight the digit that symbolizes the
power (the 2nd digit) and go to Format, then Font, then click Superscript. I
hope that's what you were looking for. Good luck!

Old April 8th 06, 09:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW through symbols you can get powers from 0-3, i.e., 0-1-2-3. If you
need others frequently you might want to make a character style with the
superscript formatting. Then just type a number for your power and apply
that style to it.

Old April 8th 06, 12:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For word 2003:
step 1 : mark your number
step 2: press "ctrl" and "+" (for superscript)
or
press "ctrl" and "#"
(for subscript)

Old April 8th 06, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On US keyboards, the shortcuts are

Ctrl+= for subscript
Ctrl+Shift+= for superscript

oups.com...