How can I rotate text 15 degrees in Word?

Old April 8th 06, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How can I rotate text 15 degrees in Word?

I want to rotate text 15 degrees in Word and use it as a mail merge field. Is
this possible?
Old April 8th 06, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No.

Old April 9th 06, 05:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Suzanne has indicated, this is not possible in Word, but it is fairly
simple to do in Publisher, if you have that application or feel inclined to
try it.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old April 10th 06, 03:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't see how it could be. Well, maybe if catalog merge was used and the
rotated text was saved as a graphic. But that sure seems like a lot of work
done for whatever reason.

What "could" be done would be to start with whatever label or envelop you
were going to use, insert a text box, rotate that, and then merge your data
into that.

I was very curious what the heck the OP was going for tho.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
We'll have to wait for JoAnn to weigh in to tell us whether rotated text
can
be used in a mail merge, however.

so
all may benefit.

Old April 10th 06, 05:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I assumed he wanted to insert a rotated merge field, so that the data, when
merged, would be rotated.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
I don't see how it could be. Well, maybe if catalog merge was used and the
rotated text was saved as a graphic. But that sure seems like a lot of

work
done for whatever reason.

What "could" be done would be to start with whatever label or envelop you
were going to use, insert a text box, rotate that, and then merge your

data
into that.

I was very curious what the heck the OP was going for tho.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
We'll have to wait for JoAnn to weigh in to tell us whether rotated text
can
be used in a mail merge, however.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

Old April 10th 06, 06:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It can certainly be done in Publisher - I tested it before responding
originally - but there is no way practical way to do it in Word.

--

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
I don't see how it could be. Well, maybe if catalog merge was used
and the rotated text was saved as a graphic. But that sure seems like
a lot of work done for whatever reason.

What "could" be done would be to start with whatever label or envelop
you were going to use, insert a text box, rotate that, and then merge
your data into that.

I was very curious what the heck the OP was going for tho.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
We'll have to wait for JoAnn to weigh in to tell us whether rotated
text can
be used in a mail merge, however.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

busybee wrote:
I want to rotate text 15 degrees in Word and use it as a mail merge
field. Is this possible?

Word should catalog misspelled words to study. rndthought Microsoft Word Help 38 January 23rd 08 11:53 PM
Open word in text mode Jay Douglas Microsoft Word Help 9 February 15th 06 08:30 AM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
keep text together New2Word Microsoft Word Help 4 November 16th 05 01:39 AM