Word Form Questions

Old April 13th 06, 03:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word Form Questions

I have created a number of Word forms and have run into the same issues each
time whenever anyone uses the form:

- MS Word Spell and Grammar check is unavailable to the user of the form for
text fields. Is there a way to allow spell checking?
- I use autocorrect, especially "replace text as you type". Unless I, as a
user entering a form, turn that feature off, I am unable to type in any text
that would automatically replace.

It is frustrating because without spell check and replace text as you type I
am at the unfortunate mercy of my spelling skills.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Art
Old April 13th 06, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

From the spelling.grammar FAQ:

4. How can I spell-check protected forms
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Old April 13th 06, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On your second question, are you asking what to do when Word replaces text
you don't want replaced? Or are you saying you can't get it to replace text
you want to replace?

Old April 13th 06, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Charles,

Sorry if I was not clear. I can get it to replace what I want to replace.
What happens is if I enter text that is also in my list words in auto
correct, the word I typed is automatically deleted. If I turn off the
replace feature the word stays.

Regards,

Art

Old April 13th 06, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl-Z right after this happens will help. This is the shortcut for undo.
You can undo any autocorrect action.

Long term, you want your AutoCorrect names to be something that you won't
type except when you want the correction. I have some "rubber stamps" that I
use. They start with rs as in rscopy or rsconfidential.