What's the proper format for putting typist initials on a letter?

Old April 18th 06, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default What's the proper format for putting typist initials on a letter?

I am typing a professional letter for my boss and I'm not sure how to put the
typist initials on the bottom.
Old April 18th 06, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This newsgroup is designed to advise on the technical aspects of using
Word,not to give advice on the *content* of documents written in Word. It is
not the best place to ask your question, even if you get some answers.
Search the web for examples (using Google at http://www.google.com/ or
another search engine), or use your imagination.

In this case, take a look at some old letters done by a former secretary in
the office and see what was used. General format is CK:me but different
places use differet formats.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Old April 18th 06, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default What's the proper format for putting typist initials on a lett

Well, sorry. I am new to this and did not know this is "not the best place
to ask my question."

Old April 18th 06, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I was taught to use a slash. And I believe there's also a convention that
the author's initials need not be included provided the person who
dictated/wrote the letter is the one who actually signed it (which is
assumed to be true in most cases).

Old April 18th 06, 06:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Lisa,

My message wasn't intended to be criticism, we all are beginners at many
things. It was meant to give you information you need. I did answer your
question the best I could in my second paragraph.