Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kiwi Marty

Default How to stop the default language always reverting to English US?

We have a problem with Word always reverting to English US - no matter how
many times we alter the default to English New Zealand in the Tools/Set
Language area or in the default languages area. How can we actually change
the default language the word opens new documents in - none of Microsofts
solutions actually work.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

If it doesn't work once, doing it repeatedly won't help.

Set the language for normal style in normal.dot, and any other template you
use) Make sure your normal.dot actually gets saved. (If you have Acrobat 7
installed, see the Adobe website for the fix and note the conspicuous lack
of apology).

"Kiwi Marty" Kiwi wrote in message
We have a problem with Word always reverting to English US - no matter how
many times we alter the default to English New Zealand in the Tools/Set
Language area or in the default languages area. How can we actually change
the default language the word opens new documents in - none of Microsofts
solutions actually work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Jezebel" wrote:

If it doesn't work once, doing it repeatedly won't help.

Set the language for normal style in normal.dot, and any other template you
use) Make sure your normal.dot actually gets saved. (If you have Acrobat 7
installed, see the Adobe website for the fix and note the conspicuous lack
of apology).

"Kiwi Marty" Kiwi wrote in message
We have a problem with Word always reverting to English US - no matter how
many times we alter the default to English New Zealand in the Tools/Set
Language area or in the default languages area. How can we actually change
the default language the word opens new documents in - none of Microsofts
solutions actually work.

Have tried this but get a message that says I can't save the document with the same name as an open document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kiwi Marty

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm, but note that
pasted-in text will bring its language formatting with it.

"Kiwi Marty" Kiwi wrote in message
We have a problem with Word always reverting to English US - no matter how
many times we alter the default to English New Zealand in the Tools/Set
Language area or in the default languages area. How can we actually change
the default language the word opens new documents in - none of Microsofts
solutions actually work.

Thanks some good ideas here which I tried but to no avail

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

That message has nothing to do with redefining the normal style in
normal.dot. What on earth are you actually doing?

"Kiwi Marty" wrote in message

"Jezebel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Lewis

"Kiwi Marty" wrote:

We have a problem with Word always reverting to English US - no matter how
many times we alter the default to English New Zealand in the Tools/Set
Language area or in the default languages area. How can we actually change
the default language the word opens new documents in - none of Microsofts
solutions actually work.

Marty...microsoft is just trying to protect the world from New Zealand! On a
sober note, I have the exact same problem and all their so called fixes do
not work and seem way too complicated for the average person. If you have any
luck I would be very interested to hear from you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kiwi Marty

Once you redifine the style you need to save the changes - and that's what I
was doing when the error message appeared