How can I put a password only on one folder in my Doc to prevent .

Old April 19th 06, 11:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How can I put a password only on one folder in my Doc to prevent .

How can I put a password only on one folder in my Doc to prevent anyone from
opening it?
Is there another way other than download a password-protect program ?
Old April 19th 06, 01:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is a Windows issue, not an Office issue.

If your hard disk is formatted with NTFS instead of the earlier FAT32
format (and for this you must be running Windows NT, 2000, XP, or
2003), you can use Windows Explorer. Select the folder, right-click
it, and choose Sharing and Security. On the Security tab, choose your
own login name and make sure you have Full Control. Then delete all
the other login names from the list, or leave some of them but remove
the rights you don't want them to have.

The FAT32 format doesn't support this kind of permissions-based
security, so if that's the format you have, you'll need some program
that encrypts the folder contents.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman