Tab through fields in a Word form

Old April 25th 06, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Tab through fields in a Word form

I'm creating a form in Word and would like people to be able to tab through
the fields (text and option buttons primarily). It seems like that would be
the default behavior, but when I hit the tab or enter key nothing happens....
Any thoughts on what I'm missing?
Thanks very much!

Old April 25th 06, 11:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No.... do I need to?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Have you protected the form?

Old April 26th 06, 12:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and
especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"Lisacun" wrote in message
No.... do I need to?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Have you protected the form?

Old May 2nd 06, 12:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks so much!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and
especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"Lisacun" wrote in message
No.... do I need to?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Have you protected the form?

Old May 2nd 06, 01:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Protect the document for forms. What you are talking about is what Word
calls an "online form." Check this in help. For more about online forms,
follow the links at http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
How can Word display full path of a file in the title bar? SAsif Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 06 05:32 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
creating forms Fluffypink Microsoft Word Help 4 March 9th 05 05:17 PM