broken words at the end of a line that carry remainder to next lin

Old April 26th 06, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default broken words at the end of a line that carry remainder to next lin

I copy and pasted an essay from another document into a blank word document
and the last word at the end of the line is broken and the remainder carries
over to the next line like this "commun
ity" I do not want a hyphen, I want to carry the whole word over to the next
line if it is too large to fit on the line before. This usually happend
automatically but since i copied and pasted the text it is not working.
Old April 26th 06, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is there a return or line break inserted? If the document you copied from was
from the Internet or a PDF there are often line breaks or even tabs inserted.
Switch on the formatting marks to check what is making the word split.
--
Rae Drysdale

Old April 27th 06, 12:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

OCR'd text often acquires hyphens; if there are no hyphens and the text just
breaks randomly, most likely the document is corrupted. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm