closed word doc without saving...can I recover it?

Old April 27th 06, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default closed word doc without saving...can I recover it?

I closed my word document and when prompted to save changes, I hit no by
accident...can I get to the last "autosaved" version? if so, how? Thanks
Old April 27th 06, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are thinking of the AutoRecover file, which is a temporary file to
restore in case of a crash of Word or your system. If Word or your system
did not crash, the recovery file has been deleted.

If you never saved the file, there is nothing to recover. If you have a
previously changed version without your most recent changes, that's the best
you can "recover".

Old April 27th 06, 03:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As SVC wrote, the data has been lost. You may find this article
helpful (to prevent similar disasters in the future):
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP