Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kathyg

Default How to modify the classic index?

How can I keep the changes to the styles for the Classic index in my style
template? They disappear when I attach the template to a new document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You checked the box for "Add to template" when you made the changes?

"kathyg" wrote in message
How can I keep the changes to the styles for the Classic index in my style
template? They disappear when I attach the template to a new document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kathyg

Yes. The styles change when I regenerate the "Classic" index style. They
revert back to Times New Roman. I had changed it to Arial by modifying the
style. I selected "Add to template." It looks good until I create a new index
using the "Classic" style. I'm creating a master template for other writers
to use.

Thanks.

"kathyg" wrote in message
How can I keep the changes to the styles for the Classic index in my style
template? They disappear when I attach the template to a new document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Instead of using Classic, you need to use "From template," once you have
modified the styles.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You checked the box for "Add to template" when you made the changes?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"kathyg" wrote in message
How can I keep the changes to the styles for the Classic index in my

style
template? They disappear when I attach the template to a new document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kathyg

Do you know a way to automatically create the letter division headers
automatically with the "From template"? That's why I was using the "Classic"
however we don't use the Times Font. That is why I was hoping I could somehow
change the font in the "Classic."

Thanks for your time.

"kathyg" wrote in message
How can I keep the changes to the styles for the Classic index in my

style
template? They disappear when I attach the template to a new document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

All of these features of the index show up as switches in the INDEX field.
See the Help topic "Field codes: Index field." The \h field specifies the
heading you need. What you should probably do is save the index field,
formatted as desired, in the template as an AutoText entry.