Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BettyRubble00

Default Error 1311 cannot find D:\ZF561407.CAB

I am at my wit's end! With limited funds, I purchased a copy of Microsoft
Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003. Everytime I try to install the same
error appears. The computer advises it is error 1311, that I must verify that
I can access file D:\ZF561407.CAB
I don't even know where to look for file D:\ZF561407.CAB
Somebody please help! I tried contacting geek squad, but they want to charge
another $150 just to look at my computer.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Unless you can make the software run (assuming you have a Windows-compliant
computer) the vendor's obligation in relation to fitness for purpose has not
been discharged. In other words, if you can't get it to run, you're entitled
to your money back; and if the supplier asks for more money to achieve to
install the product, they are breaking the law.

"BettyRubble00" wrote in message
I am at my wit's end! With limited funds, I purchased a copy of Microsoft
Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003. Everytime I try to install the
same
error appears. The computer advises it is error 1311, that I must verify
that
I can access file D:\ZF561407.CAB
I don't even know where to look for file D:\ZF561407.CAB
Somebody please help! I tried contacting geek squad, but they want to
charge
another $150 just to look at my computer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Did you have an older version of Office installed on your computer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"BettyRubble00" wrote in message
I am at my wit's end! With limited funds, I purchased a copy of Microsoft
Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003. Everytime I try to install the
same
error appears. The computer advises it is error 1311, that I must verify
that
I can access file D:\ZF561407.CAB
I don't even know where to look for file D:\ZF561407.CAB
Somebody please help! I tried contacting geek squad, but they want to
charge
another $150 just to look at my computer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

First - look for ZF561407.cab on your hard disk. If it's there, point to it
when prompted.

Second - If ZF561407.cab is not on your computer, download and run the
msicuu2.exe installer cleanup utility (from
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;290301), select just Office.
This eliminates all the regkeys for Office. Then reinstall Office from the
STE.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Mail Merge Find Button Terri Mailmerge 2 January 19th 06 08:01 PM
I can't find records using the the find record command in a merged Johnny Tidwell Mailmerge 1 June 23rd 05 11:37 AM
Using "Find and Replace" for Symbols Hi Ho Silver Microsoft Word Help 4 June 10th 05 01:44 AM
How to insert a Symbol into the Find and Replace Function in Word EamonX1 Microsoft Word Help 5 May 16th 05 12:48 PM
Find and Replace Michael R New Users 11 January 22nd 05 06:31 PM