Changing reviewer name for tracked changes/comments (Word 2003 for PC)

Old May 4th 06, 05:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Changing reviewer name for tracked changes/comments (Word 2003 for PC)

Hi,

I'm looking to change the Reviewer's Name on a Microsoft Word 2003 (PC)
document with tracked changes. I saw this discussion in the
microsoft.public.mac.office.word newsgroup, but it was from last summer
and I was unable to reply directly to the thread.

I would definitely appreciate some guidance on using VBA to do this!
Just an example of changing John W Smith to Jane Doe would be very
helpful.

In addition, I'd love to see some example code to change the time/date
stamp of the tracked changes.

Thanks!

John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] wrote:

Hi Helene:

You can't disable the date/time stamp, but you can change the Reviewer's
Name, using VBA. You could also set the date and time to something else
using the same method.

Later Word versions have a built-in function that "Removes
personally-identifiable information on save".

If you tell me what you want the reviewer's name to be, and what date and
time you want to use, I will see if I can find the code I have that does
this.

Cheers

On 11/7/05 10:26 PM, in article
/INVALID,

/INVALID" /INVALID
wrote:
Hello

Does anyone know how to disable the date/time stamp in the track changes
feature? Would also like to know how to change the reviewer's name.

I'm using Word for Mac 2001 and a MacOS 9.1 operating system.

With thanks for any leads and advice.

Helene

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread. Please do not
email

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical
Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 4 1209 1410

Old May 4th 06, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is possible to use VBA to change the author's name in
comments, but I haven't seen it done in tracked changes. You can
manually change the tracked change author's name using the VB
Script Editor as described at
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm
..

Old May 5th 06, 12:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks! That linked had exactly the right information! Actually, it
worked for comments, too.

Anybody have some scoop on changing the dates in tracked
changes/comments?

.

wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to change the Reviewer's Name on a Microsoft Word 2003 (PC)
document with tracked changes. I saw this discussion in the
microsoft.public.mac.office.word newsgroup, but it was from last summer
and I was unable to reply directly to the thread.

I would definitely appreciate some guidance on using VBA to do this!
Just an example of changing John W Smith to Jane Doe would be very
helpful.

In addition, I'd love to see some example code to change the time/date
stamp of the tracked changes.

Thanks!

Reveal codes in a word document FUN101 Microsoft Word Help 3 April 25th 06 09:03 PM
Converting WordPerfect 12 files to Word 2003 Curious New Users 3 March 29th 06 01:05 AM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Word 2002 and Word 2003 trading default file association Enochscion Microsoft Word Help 2 May 27th 05 10:19 PM