find and replace = delete

Old May 10th 06, 05:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default find and replace = delete

I am trying to use the find and replace feature to get rid of a bunch of
periods in a document. I am able to turn them into spaces, but not get rid
of them completely.

This is analogues to what I have:

XXXX……. XX XXX XX
XXXXXX……. XXX XX XX
XXXXX……. XXXX XXX XX
XXX……. XX XXX XX
(instead of 4 lines I have 50 lines, and I have 20 documents like this, so
deleting by hand will take far to long)

This is what I want it to look like:
XXXX XX XXX XX
XXXXXX XXX XX XX
XXXXX XXXX XXX XX
XXX XX XXX XX

Thanks,

Ben

Old May 11th 06, 06:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use a wildcard replace of
..@
with nothing
See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm