Word is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action?

Old May 16th 06, 11:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action?

Hi,

I have a small problem that I cannot resolve. I have recently been upgraded
from Window NT to Window XP. I am using Word 2003 to insert AutoCAD drawings
to Word as an object and but an error message states "Word is waiting for
another application to complete an OLE action?". I have tired also everything
I could think off, could anyone help me?

Thanks
Old May 16th 06, 01:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The message is telling you that something is going wrong at the AutoCAD end:
Word has asked AutoCAD to provide an object to embed, AutoCAD has gone off
to get it and not come back. Possibly it's trying to ask you something, with
a dialog that is not visible to you -- hidden, obscured, or off-screen.