Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gina

Default Custom toolbars disappeared

I created a template with macros and 2 custom toolbars for the macros. People
have been using it for a about a week. One of the users just told me that he
opened the document based on the template and the toolbars are gone (they're
not showing in the view list either). What happened?

(I know we can work around this, reinstalling the template, etc. But we
really need this to work as it's supposed to work).

We are using Word 2003 and are not using Acrobat 7.0 (we have v. 5.0 and 6.0).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R2luYQ==?=,

I created a template with macros and 2 custom toolbars for the macros. People
have been using it for a about a week. One of the users just told me that he
opened the document based on the template and the toolbars are gone (they're
not showing in the view list either). What happened?

Not having watched over the user's shoulder, as he worked, it's difficult to
say. Is the template still there, in the folder where it was installed? If not,
the question to pursue is: how did it go missing? Word will certainly not have
moved or deleted it...

If the template is still there, open the document, go to Tools/Templates and
Addins and look at the entry in the "Attached template" box. Is it still the
template? And does the file path point to the folder where the template is?

(I know we can work around this, reinstalling the template, etc. But we
really need this to work as it's supposed to work).

We are using Word 2003 and are not using Acrobat 7.0 (we have v. 5.0 and 6.0).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Answered your post from yesterday. (Cindy, the document had lost its link to
the template.)
Please do not mulitpost.
--
Charles Kenyon