Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bobm

Default Removing line at end of document

I have just created a new document. At the end of the document Word 2000
inserted a bold line the full width of the page (less margins). It appears
that it may be some sort of seperator perhaps. I have encountered this
problem in the past when I would create a signature line and typed the name
below it. How can I delete this bold line. Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Format | Borders and Shading | Borders | Select None.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"bobm" wrote:

I have just created a new document. At the end of the document Word 2000
inserted a bold line the full width of the page (less margins). It appears
that it may be some sort of seperator perhaps. I have encountered this
problem in the past when I would create a signature line and typed the name
below it. How can I delete this bold line. Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bobm

Hi Carol. Thanks for the response. I tried your suggestion but it didn't
solve the issue. I was thinking of the same solution earlier but it is not a
4 sided border - just a bold horizontal line. Am I not following your
instructions correctly ?

"bobm" wrote:

I have just created a new document. At the end of the document Word 2000
inserted a bold line the full width of the page (less margins). It appears
that it may be some sort of seperator perhaps. I have encountered this
problem in the past when I would create a signature line and typed the name
below it. How can I delete this bold line. Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

My instructions will also get rid of a line. Did you try it?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"bobm" wrote:

I have just created a new document. At the end of the document Word 2000
inserted a bold line the full width of the page (less margins). It appears
that it may be some sort of seperator perhaps. I have encountered this
problem in the past when I would create a signature line and typed the name
below it. How can I delete this bold line. Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bobm

I tried it again and this time it did remove 2 of the 3 lines. The remaining
line is still a problem. My procedure :
1. Highlight the bold line. The cursor does not highlite the entire
line and stays at the left most edge of the line.
2. Select Format | Borders & Shading | Borders | None

"bobm" wrote:

I have just created a new document. At the end of the document Word 2000
inserted a bold line the full width of the page (less margins). It appears
that it may be some sort of seperator perhaps. I have encountered this
problem in the past when I would create a signature line and typed the name
below it. How can I delete this bold line. Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bobm

Carol, success at last. I added another border near the stubborn one and
then selected the entire range and chose None. Thanks for your help.
Couldn't have done it without you.

"bobm" wrote:

I have just created a new document. At the end of the document Word 2000
inserted a bold line the full width of the page (less margins). It appears
that it may be some sort of seperator perhaps. I have encountered this
problem in the past when I would create a signature line and typed the name
below it. How can I delete this bold line. Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Glad I could help you!
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"bobm" wrote:

I have just created a new document. At the end of the document Word 2000
inserted a bold line the full width of the page (less margins). It appears
that it may be some sort of seperator perhaps. I have encountered this
problem in the past when I would create a signature line and typed the name
below it. How can I delete this bold line. Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're welcome. Thank you.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm