Zip codes starting with 0 in Mail Merge

Old May 18th 06, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Zip codes starting with 0 in Mail Merge

I'm using an Excel Worksheet and Word Mail Merge for envelopes. NJ zips
start with zero and mail merge won't accept these as a valid 5 digit number.
I've formatted the cells in Excel as special/zip code, text, and number, but
mail merge only returns a 0 and drops the other four digits.

Does anyone know how I can get mail merge and excel to accept 5 digit zips
starting with zero as valid text?

Word and Excel professional edition 2003
Old May 18th 06, 06:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com