How to delete a section break without affecting the header and footer and margin?

Old May 19th 06, 03:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How to delete a section break without affecting the header and footer and margin?

Hello,

I've inherited a document that has added a section break (new section
starting on the next page kind of break) at the end of the document and then
there is a blank page. I want to get rid of the blank page. However when I
delete the last section break, the header, footer and the margin setting
will all be gone.

How can I get rid of the last page without losing all those sectional
formatings? It seems that I need a macro that will capture all the
formating before the deletion and then reapply the formating after the
deletion. I hope there's something simpler, and if there's not, hope
someone can provide me with the macro.

Thank you very much in advance.

Herbert

Old May 19th 06, 10:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Herbert,

I've inherited a document that has added a section break (new section
starting on the next page kind of break) at the end of the document and then
there is a blank page. I want to get rid of the blank page. However when I
delete the last section break, the header, footer and the margin setting
will all be gone.

How can I get rid of the last page without losing all those sectional
formatings? It seems that I need a macro that will capture all the
formating before the deletion and then reapply the formating after the
deletion. I hope there's something simpler, and if there's not, hope
someone can provide me with the macro.

Try inserting a CONTINUOUS section break just before the Next Page break. Then
you should be able to delete the Next Page break, leaving the Continuous break
at the end of the document to maintain the section formatting.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)