Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack Sprat

Default I want to stop columns, Add a sentance, add more columns

I want to type two column food preperation menues on one page, stop them,
have a sentence run all the way across the page, then start columns again.
All on a single page. As of now each time I change from two coulmns to one
it changes the whole page to one column. I have MicroSoft 2002 (10.4219...}
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

The number of columns is set for each section. Insert section breaks to
switch between one and two columns. Or put the sentence in a textbox.

"Jack Sprat" Jack wrote in message
I want to type two column food preperation menues on one page, stop them,
have a sentence run all the way across the page, then start columns again.
All on a single page. As of now each time I change from two coulmns to
one
it changes the whole page to one column. I have MicroSoft 2002
(10.4219...}

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

You need to insert continuous section breaks before your next change of
column numbers (ie. from 2 back to 1). Click Insert, Break, Continuous
Section break before the change.

"Jack Sprat" wrote:

I want to type two column food preperation menues on one page, stop them,
have a sentence run all the way across the page, then start columns again.
All on a single page. As of now each time I change from two coulmns to one
it changes the whole page to one column. I have MicroSoft 2002 (10.4219...}

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default I want to stop columns, Add a sentence, add more columns

The full width sentence needs to be a paragraph.
Write the lot as one column.
Select the part you want above the full width paragraph and format to two
columns. Select the rest after the full width paragraph and format to two
columns.

Jack Sprat wrote:
I want to type two column food preparation menus on one page, stop
them, have a sentence run all the way across the page, then start
columns again. All on a single page. As of now each time I change
from two columns to one it changes the whole page to one column. I
have Microsoft 2002 (10.4219...}