HOW DO I GET THE HEADER AND FOOTER TO STOP REPEATING ON SUBSEQUEN.

Old May 30th 06, 02:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default HOW DO I GET THE HEADER AND FOOTER TO STOP REPEATING ON SUBSEQUEN.

my letterhead page has a header and footer. for some unknown reason it is
continuing to load both on subsequent pages instead of only on the first
page. how do i stop this?
Old May 30th 06, 03:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See: http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

Old May 30th 06, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Old May 30th 06, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The whole idea of a header and footer is to repeat on every page. For a
letterhead, which you don't want to repeat, use the First Page Header
instead. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for
instructions.